With the desire for dental implant therapy ever escalating, clinicians are faced with the challenge of augmenting deficient natural physiology to provide effective sites for implantation. Implant Site Development helps the clinician decide if, when, and how to create a ridge site amenable to implantation. This practical book offers solutions to many implant site preservation scenarios, discussing different treatment options, timing, a variety of materials and techniques, and their application to the clinical practice. With a unique integrated clinical approach, Implant Site Development covers a range of site development techniques.
Highly illustrated, Implant Site Development presents diagrams and clinical photographs to aid with clinical judgment and will prove useful for any dental professional involved in implant therapy, from general practitioners to prosthodontists, but especially surgeons. This literature-based, yet user-friendly, reference will be indispensable to the novice or veteran clinician.
- Addresses implant site development and related treatment planning in a logical, practical and easy-to-digest manner
- Surveys the whole gamut of site development techniques
- Unique integrated clinical approach
- Presents a sound and thorough review of evidence
Table of Contents
- Principles of bone biology and regeneration/ William V. Giannobile and Hector F. Rios
- Bone anatomy/ George A. Mandelaris and Alan L. Rosenfeld
- Treatment philosophy/ Debby Hwang and Michael Sonick
- Decision-making algorithm for regeneration of the periodontally compromised tooth: maintaining these teeth when dental implants provide a compelling alternative treatment option/ Paul S. Rosen and Stuart J. Froum
- The making of beautiful smiles in perio-implantology/ André P. Saadoun
- CT/CBCT diagnosis and treatment planning concepts for bone grafting applications/ Scott D. Ganz
- Implant site development: socket preservation/ Jack T. Krauser and Avi Schetritt
- Implant interactions in orthodontics/ Frank Celenza
- Ridge expansion/ Ronald Odrich, Agostino Scipioni, and Gaetano Calesini
- Guided bone regeneration: Concepts and materials/ Debby Hwang and Michael Sonick
- Implant site preparation: Horizontal ridge augmentation using particulate allograft and the principles of GBR/ Michael Sonick and Debby Hwang
- Guided bone regeneration: Peri-implantation/ Debby Hwang and Michael Sonick
- Guided bone regeneration: Vertical growth/ Istvan Urban
- Intraoral bone grafts for dental implants/ Craig M. Misch
- Bone grafting in large bone defects and extreme atrophy situations/ Nardy Casap and Yuval Samuni
- Sinus elevation: Osteotome-mediated approach/ Michael Toffler
- Sinus elevation: Lateral wall approach/ Tomaso Vercellotti
- Distraction osteogenesis/ Michael S. Block and Christopher Haggerty
- Immediate implant placement: A comprehensive understanding for achieving optimal clinical success/ Robert A. Faiella
- Soft tissue augmentation: Pre-, peri-, and postimplantation/Stefan Fickl and Markus B. Hürzeler
- Soft tissue enhancement after implant placement/ Christian F.J. Stappert and Davide Romeo
- Soft tissue augmentation: allograft/ Peter C. Shatz and Lee H. Silverstein
- Soft tissue development with provisional and definitive implant restorations/ George Priest
- Bioengineering concepts/ Eduardo Anitua and Gorka Orive
Michael Sonick, DMD, is an internationally-known, highly-regarded authority in the field of dental implantology. A diplomate and continuing education committee member of the American Academy of Periodontology, he lectures worldwide on the subject of esthetic implants and guided bone regeneration at prestigious periodontal and oral surgery symposia. He serves on the editorial board for both Contemporary Esthetics and Restorative Practice and Inside Dentistry and also writes and publishes numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Debby Hwang, DMD, practices as a full-time periodontist and implant surgeon. An experienced lecturer and published author, Dr. Hwang has presented on several scientific and clinical issues nationally and internationally and is an active member of the American Academy of Periodontology and American Dental Association.