This is the long-awaited revision and expansion of Avian Hematology and Cytology, 2nd Edition. This new book builds on the avian foundation of Campbell’s earlier work and has grown to include coverage of several other important exotic animal groups including small mammals, reptiles, fish, and amphibians. This is the must-have hematologic and cytologic reference for all veterinarians and researchers working with avian and exotic animals.
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Hematology of Birds.
Chapter 2. Hematology of Reptiles.
Chapter 3. Hematology of Amphibians.
Chapter 4. Hematology of Fish.
Chapter 5. Hematology of Small Mammals (Ferrets, Rabbits, Rodents, Guinea pigs, Chinchillas).
Chapter 6. Comparative Cytology.
- Basic Veterinary Cytotechnology.
- Abdominal/Coelomic Effusions.
- Cytology of the Alimentary Tract.
- Cytology of the Respiratory Tract.
- Cytology of the Skin and Subcutis.
- Cytology of the Conjunctiva and Cornea.
- Cytology of Synovial Fluid.
- Cytology of Lymphoid Tissue and Internal Organs.
- Common Artifacts.
Chapter 7. Diagnostic Microscopy Using Wet Mount Preparations.
Appendix A: Stains and Solutions Used in Hematology and Cytology.
Appendix B: Hematologic Values.