Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine has been used to treat animals in China for thousands of years. Until now, the majority of the literature on Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine has been written in Chinese. Xie's Veterinary Acupuncture serves as a comprehensive and accessible reference on the basic principles, techniques and clinical application of veterinary acupuncture. Written by a world renowned authority on veterinary acupuncture and a panel of experts, the book incorporates a traditional Chinese approach to veterinary acupuncture, including ancient and newly developed acupuncture techniques for both small and large animals. With the growing interest in veterinary acupuncture worldwide, this ground-breaking and authoritative text is a timely resource for practitioners and students alike.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Meridians (Huisheng Xie and Vanessa Preast).
2. Introduction to Acupuncture Points (Huisheng Xie and Vanessa Preast).
3. Equine Transpositional Acupoints (Huisheng Xie and Lisa Trevisanello).
4. Equine Classical Acupoints (Huisheng Xie and Kosei Yamagiwa).
5. Canine Transpositional Acupoints.
6. Canine Classical Acupoints (Cheryl Chrisman and Huisheng Xie).
7. General Rules of Acupuncture Therapy (Huisheng Xie and Vanessa Preast).
8. Acupuncture for Treatment of Musculoskeletal and Neurological Disorders (Huisheng Xie and Vanessa Preast).
9. Acupuncture for Internal Medicine (Huisheng Xie).
10. Acupuncture for Acute and Miscellaneous Conditions (Huisheng Xie).
11. Techniques of Veterinary Acupuncture and Moxibustion (Bruce Ferguson).
12. Functional Neuroanatomical Physiology of Acupuncture (Roger M. Clemmons).