A follow-up to the successful and sensible Building the Successful Veterinary Practice series, this new volume provides the business know-how needed to make today's emerging practices tomorrow's established practices.
Author and consultant Thomas Catanzaro reveals his secret to building a business for the future: a strong succession plan. This book will help readers incorporate a defined leadership structure; address the internal and external legal issues of a practice; and understand the economic factors of owning and selling a practice.
Table of contents
- Succession Planning--Forces of Change.
- Risks and Demographic Demands.
- Legal Issues of Veterinary Practice Succession Plans.
- Selecting the Appropriate Legal Structure for Succession Planning.
- Contracts for Succession Planning Transactions.
- Solo Group Practice or Practice Affiliation: Is It Right for You?.
- Legal Relationships with Associate Veterinarians.
- Appendix A: Personal and Practice Value Assessment.
- Appendix B: Compensation.
- Appendix C: Employment Agreement.
- Appendix D: Bill of Sale.
- Appendix E: Covenant Not to Compete.
- Appendix F: Promissory Note.
- Appendix G: Veterinary Practice Purchase Agreement.
- Appendix H: Personal and Confidential.