Veterinary Disaster Medicine: Working Animals is a comprehensive guide to providing first aid to service dogs and horses. Covering both common and uncommon injuries ranging from exercise-related myopathy to bomb blasts, chemical injury, and biological agents, the book provides information necessary for triage, diagnosing, and treating service animals in the aftermath of a disaster. Presented in an easy-to-use outline format, Veterinary Disaster Medicine appeals to veterinarians, veterinary technicians, veterinary students, search and rescue personnel, and emergency response teams.
Table of contents
- 1. First Aid for Working Dogs.
- 2. First Aid for Working Horses.
- 3. Veterinary Triage.
- 4. Bomb Blasts and Explosives.
- 5. Working Animal Preparation for Weapons of Mass Destruction Threats.
- 6. Chemical Injury.
- 7. Radiological Events.
- 8. Biological Agents.
- 9. Selected Animal Pathogens.
- 10. Veterinary Euthanasia.
- Emergency Response Contacts Directory: Wingfield