Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm through Burns…
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Acid-Base Imbalances: Metabolic Acidosis and Alkalosis; Respiratory Acidosis and Alkalosis
Acute Adrenal Crisis
Acute Alcohol Intoxication
Acute Kidney Injury
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Adrenal Insufficiency (Addison's Disease)
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Anorectal Abscess and Fistula
Aortic Valve Insufficiency
Aortic Valve Stenosis
Arterial Occlusive Disease
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (Hypertrophy)
Blood Transfusion Reaction
Bronchiolitis (Respiratory Syncytial Viral Infection)
And, continuing with diseases and disorders Calculi, Renal through Volvulus.
Everything you need to know about caring for patients—in one portable "must have" handbook!
Put information on more than 240 diseases and disorders at your fingertips. Clear, comprehensive discussions of pathophysiology—with rationales in the test and intervention sections—help you deliver effective care with confidence.
It’s the perfect clinical companion to Hoffman & Sullivan’s Medical Surgical Nursing: Making Connections to Practice.
See what students and practitioners are saying online…
Best for studying and understanding content. “A must use when studying for standardized tests…and licensing exams such as the NCLEX.”—Chelle
Great! So glad I got it! “This book is such a great reference and the information found in it is incredibly thorough. It's small enough to where you can carry it around or bring it to work with you.”—Amazon Reviewer
This is an awesome book for referencing diseases that are unknown and you... “just need some concise, organized and to-the-point information! Used it for nursing school and it is fantastic!”—Guy L. Inzunza
- Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs) for each disorder
- The primary nursing diagnosis for each disease and disorder
- Diagnostic tables that make test results easy to reference
- The newest information available on the genetic basis of the diseases and disorders
- Up-to-date explanations of the physiology of the disorders and how it related to risks and complications
- Collaborative and independent interventions
- Pharmacological tables that outline the dosages, mechanisms of action, and rationales of the drugs most commonly used for a disorder
- Separate headings for psychosocial issues
- Outlines for required documentation
- Home care and discharge guidelines and patient teaching checklists
- Evidence-based practice section
- Global health considerations that reflect the issues that transcend national borders
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Must-know information on nearly 240 disorders.
- Coverage for each disorder, including causes, pertinent physical and psychosocial findings, primary nursing diagnoses, and collaborative and independent nursing interventions
- Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) for each disorder, plus documentation information on average length of stay and home healthcare guidelines
- Lifespan considerations.
- Information on genetics differences in health and disease conditions and considerations based on ethnicity and ancestry.