· Excel in your senior nursing practicum
· Pass the NCLEX-RN®
· Flourish in your new nursing career
Rely on this portable reference to quickly find the crucial information you
need to make an easy transition to a rewarding nursing career.
A streamlined, outline format, case studies, clinical alerts, and quick-reference tables ensure you easily master the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to succeed as an RN.
Plus, expert advice offers simple solutions to the most common challenges faced in the workplace.
Take this handy guide wherever you go for nursing excellence!
- Coach Consult is the voice of an expert at your side, reminding you of important concepts, instilling professional pride, and summarizing take-home messages.
- Clinical Alerts focus on serious or life-threatening signs and symptoms and offer important practice points.
- Evidence for Practice boxes highlight valid research and other accepted forms of evidence that support nursing process.
- PEAK Performance Boxes identify relevant strategies that promote the Purpose, Evidence, Action, and/or Knowledge needed to achieve the desired outcomes for patients.
- Clinical Voices present case studies.
New to this Edition
- ENHANCED! An even more streamlined format with bulleted outlines and practical, must-know information.
- NEW! “Decision Trees” to help you monitor and report the results of labs.
- UPDATED! The ideal pharmacology content for senior students and new RNs.
- NEW! IV solution reference table.
- NEW! Fundamental Spanish and French words.
- ENHANCED! PEAK Performance content throughout promoting the Purpose, Evidence, Action, and/or Knowledge needed to help you achieve the desired outcomes for your patients.
Table of Contents
· Foundations: Accelerating Your Transition to Practicing RN
· Pathophysiology and Pharmacology: Making Connections and Mastering Dosage Calculations
· Physical Assessment Skills and Findings: Firming the Foundation of Nursing Process
· Diagnostics: Understanding and Monitoring Common Lab Tests
· Patient Care: Reviewing Critical Skills, Keeping Patients Safe, and Managing Machines
· Shift Planning: Conquering Shift Organization and Prioritization
· Communication: Mastering Collaboration, Delegation, and Documentation
· Critical Nursing Actions: Responding to Key Situations
· Ethics: Addressing Dilemmas in Professional Practice
· Next Steps: Advancing in Your Career