The ideal content review Plus Q&A prep!
Here’s all of the crucial coverage you need to succeed in class and confidently prepare for the NCLEX-RN®.
From nursing theory, legal and ethical issues, and leadership and management to psychological support, infection control and medication administration—easy-to-follow outlines in every chapter review exactly what you need to know.
A unique, visual approach with succinct, bulleted outlines, charts, and illustrations helps you build a solid foundation.
Choose from over 1,000 total questions in the text and on DavisPlus to enhance your skills.
It’s the ideal companion to Fundamentals Success, 3rd Edition by Patricia M. Nugent and Barbara A. Vitale. Both books follow the same organization to help you easily cross-reference the content areas you want to study.
Bring your text to life with DavisPlus Premium content!
A Plus code in the front of each new book unlocks DavisPlus Premium content. Two, 75-question exams, unique to DavisPlus, give you even more practice. (Access can also be purchased at DavisPlus.FADavis.com.)
- Coverage of concepts needed to succeed in class and confidently prepare for the NCLEX-RN
- Nursing theory
- Legal and ethical issues
- Leadership and management
- Psychological support
- Infection control
- Medication administration
- Pain, comfort, rest, and sleep
- And much more!
- Over 1,000 NCLEX-RN-style questions in all
- 1,000 questions in the text, including a 100-question comprehensive exam
- Two, 75-question exams, online at DavisPlus—a Plus code in the front of each new book unlocks DavisPlus Premium content. (Access can also be purchased at DavisPlus.FADavis.com.)
- Answers with rationales for every question explaining why each answer is correct or incorrect.
- “Pulling It All Together,” a case study at the end of each chapter that shows you how to apply critical thinking and the nursing process to various clinical situations.
- “NCLEX Alert” icons highlighting “must-know” information.
- An easy-to-reference bulleted, two-column format with full-color tables and illustrations.
- Alternate-format questions, including multiple response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritization, chart/exhibit, and graphic questions.
- Content outline of principles and theories at the beginning of every chapter.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter.
- Glossary identifying and defining 250 of the words most commonly found on nursing examinations.
- Chapters that follow the same organization as Fundamentals Success, 3rd Edition, by Patricia M. Nugent and Barbara A. Vitale, to help you easily cross-reference the content areas you want to study.
Table of Contents
I. Nursing Within the Context of Contemporary Health Care
1. Theory-Based Nursing Care
2. Legal and Ethical Issues
3. Leadership and Management
4. Health-Care Delivery
5. Community-Based Nursing
II. Psychosociocultural Nursing Care
6. Nursing Care Across the Life Span
7. Communication and Documentation
8. Psychological and Cultural Nursing
9. Teaching and Learning
III. Essential Components of Nursing Care
10. Nursing Process
11. Physical Assessment
12. Infection Control and Wound Care
14. Medication Administration
IV. Basic Human Needs and Related Nursing Care
20. Urinary Elimination
21. Fluid and Electrolytes
22. Gastrointestinal System
23. Pain, Comfort, Rest, and Sleep
24. Perioperative Nursing
V. Alternate Item Formats
o Alternate Item Formats
o Answers and Rationales
II. Comprehensive Final Exam
· Answers and Rationales
Glossary of English Words Commonly Encountered on Nursing Examinations