Confidently meet the challenges you’ll face in clinical and practice!
Gain a solid understanding of neonatal and pediatric diseases as you explore real-world patient experiences with this unique resource.
Inside, you’ll find everything you need to know about perinatal lung diseases • common neonatal complications • congenital diseases • pediatric pulmonary and upper airway diseases • and neuromuscular disorders. A streamlined presentation helps you easily grasp the background, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, management and treatment, and the course and prognosis of each disease.
In every chapter, unfolding case studies with full-color illustrations and photographs enhance your critical-thinking skills, making it easy to connect theory with practice. Plus, multiple-choice review questions help you assess your progress.
Explore MORE online at DavisPlus!
Access your complete text online with the Davis Digital Version and gain additional practice with Student Questions and Interactive Case Studies. Redeem the Plus Code, inside new, printed texts, to access these DavisPlus Premium Resources.
- Premium Resources online at DavisPlus—Redeem the Plus Code, inside new, printed texts, to gain access.
- Davis Digital Version lets you access your complete text online.
- Student questions and Interactive Case Studies offer additional practice.
- Comprehensive coverage of pediatric and neonatal diseases, including perinatal lung diseases • common neonatal complications • congenital diseases • pediatric pulmonary and upper airway diseases • and neuromuscular disorders.
- A consistent presentation in each disease chapter enhances your knowledge and skills…
- Unfolding clinical case studies in every chapter familiarize you with real-world patient experiences to enhance your critical-thinking skills and help you apply your knowledge to practice.
- In-depth discussions cover the background, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, management and treatment, and the course and prognosis for each disease.
- “Clinical Variations” describe aspects of diseases, patient assessments, and diagnostic tools that may be misunderstood or overlooked.
- “Evidence in Practice” introduces new and developing methods for managing patients and diseases.
- “Teamwork” presents important concepts and best practices on how to work well in a team.
- “Special Populations” identifies patient demographics that may require you to employ special care or considerations for your patients.
- Multiple-choice review questions at the end of every chapter help you assess your progress.
Table of Contents
1. Making Sense of Caring for Kids: A Different Approach to Respiratory Care
Fetal Development and Transition to Extrauterine Life
2. Fetal Cardiopulmonary Development
3. Resuscitation of the Newborn During Transition to Extrauterine Life
Perinatal Lung Diseases and Complication
4. Respiratory Distress Syndrome
5. Apnea of Prematurity and Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
6. Diseases of Full-term infants
Common Neonatal Complications
7. Pulmonary Complications
8. Multi-system Complications
9. Abdominal Defects
10. Airway abnormalities
11. Acyanotic Heart Defects
12. Cyanotic Heart Defects
Pediatric Diseases with Respiratory Implications
14. Cystic Fibrosis
15. Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases
16. Pediatric Infectious Airway Diseases
17. Neuromuscular Disorders
18. Pediatric Accidents with Pulmonary Involvement
19. Pediatric Neurologic Accidents
Ethics and Pediatric Palliative Care
20. Ethics in Perinatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care
21. Palliative and End-of-Life Care