Meet the diverse health care needs of older adults!
Explore effective ways to enhance the wellness and independence of older adults across the wellness-illness continuum.
From an overview of the theories of aging and assessment through the treatment of disorders, including complex illnesses, this evidence-based book provides the comprehensive gerontological coverage you need to prepare for your role as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
Understand how to easily identify factors that may affect the wellness of your patients and their families. Plus, enhance your critical-thinking skills with real-world case studies that bring concepts to life.
Explore more online at DavisPlus!
Access your complete text online with the Davis Digital Version and gain extra practice with additional case studies, learning activities, and review questions. (Redeem the Plus Code, inside new, printed texts, to access these DavisPlus Premium resources.)
Plus, look for helpful lists of web sites and more!
· Essential gerontological coverage—perfect for Advanced Practice
· A focus on caring for the older adult along the wellness-illness continuum and how to help this population maintain wellness and independence.
· Body Systems chapters covering common disorders in the older adult.
· Coverage of psychosocial issues that can affect the health and wellness of the older adult, family, and society.
· Evidence-based citations to support practice.
· “Signal Symptoms” feature to help you quickly target potential differential diagnoses.
· Premium Resources online at DavisPlus (Redeem the Plus Code, inside new, printed texts, to access these DavisPlus Premium Resources)
· Davis Digital Version—your complete text online. Quickly search for the content you need. Add notes, highlights, and bookmarks.
· Additional case studies, learning activities, and review questions.
Table of Contents
I. The Healthy Older Adult
1. Changes With Aging
2. Health Promotion
3. Exercise in Older Adults
4. Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
5. Symptoms and Syndromes
III. Treating Disorders
6. Skin and Lymphatic Disorders
7. Head, Neck and Face Disorders
8. Chest Disorders
9. Peripheral Vascular Disorders
10. Abdominal Disorders
11. Urological and Gynecologic Disorders
12. Musculoskeletal Disorders
13. Central and Peripheral Nervous System Disorders
14. Endocrine, Metabolic, and Nutritional Disorders
15. Hematological and Immune System Disorders
16. Psychological Disorders
IV. Complex Illness
17. Nutritional Support in the Older Adult
18. Chronic Illness and the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
19. Palliative Care and End of Life Care
Appendix A. Psychological Influences of the Aging Process
Appendix B. Laboratory Values in the Older Adult