Whatever the practice setting—acute care, rehabilitation, outpatient,
extended care, or in a school—turn to this handy pocket guide to the neurological
examination. Small in size, but not in content, it covers all of the common
neuromuscular conditions, disorders, and diseases you might encountered in patients
throughout their lifespans. A spiral binding, thumb tabs and nearly 240 illustrations
insure you can find just what you’re looking for. Waterproof, reusable
pages let you record clinical data and then wipe the pages clean with alcohol.
- Presents an overview of neuroanatomy and an outline of a neurological examination in an easy-to-reference, full-color table in the first tabbed section.
- Follows the preferred practice patterns for patients with neuromuscular disorders presented in the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition
- Addresses neurological examination techniques • standardized tests • differential diagnosis • medical red flags • radiological/imaging techniques • and medications for the most common disorders within each tabbed category.
- Incorporates pain assessment within each disorder discussion, where appropriate.
- Includes congenital or acquired disorders of the central nervous systems in infancy, childhood, and adolescence within the pediatric section.
Table of contents
- Reference Table of Common Neuromuscular Disorders and the Basic Neuroanatomy/Neurological Examination
- Pediatric Disorders
- Non-progressive Disorders of the Central Nervous System
- Progressive Disorders of the Central Nervous System
- Peripheral Nerve Injury
- Non Progressive Disorders of the Spinal Cord Injury