ECG Success illustrates the key features of dozens of arrhythmias and presents multiple practice strips to allow the student to learn the subtle findings that help distinguish one from another. Organized by the seven categories of arrhythmias, ECG Success reviews the basics of ECGs (anatomy, physiology, electrophysiology, etc.), and provides a diverse group of strips for practice and testing pattern recognition. In addition, the book includes four practice tests, each with 75 randomized ECG strips, and a unit with more than ten case studies with multiple-choice questions and more ECG strips.
ECG Success covers all the information needed—anatomy and physiology, practice, case scenarios, and relevant emergency care—to help the reader feel competent and in control, whether faced with a nonthreatening ECG or an emergency situation.
- 455 full size, real life ECG strips
- Strips presented three ways: identified by type of problem, randomized, and embedded in case studies
- Arrhythmia chapters each include practice strips to analyze rhythm, rate, interval, interpretation, etc.
- Full color illustrations offer a quick review of cardiac anatomy and physiology
- Clinical Tips and Hints dispersed throughout provide valuable information on rhythm interpretation and how an arrhythmia can affect a patient.
- Includes a chapter on myocardial infarction and 12-lead ECG
- Four 75-strip practice tests
- Appendices include guidelines for CPR, ACLS, and emergency medical skills and medications
- Designed to also be useful for recertification review
Unit I—Heart Structure and Electrical Activity
Anatomy and Physiology of the Heart
Unit II—Rhythms and Their Analysis
Sinoatrial Node Arrhythmias
Atrioventricular and Bundle Branch Blocks
Artificial Cardiac Pacemakers
The 12-Lead ECG and Acute Myocardial Infarction
Unit III—ECG Practice Tests
ECG Practice Test One
ECG Practice Test Two
ECG Practice Test Three
ECG Practice Test Four
Unit IV—Case Studies
ECG Case Studies One
ECG Case Studies Two
Appendix A: Healthcare Provider Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Appendix B: Advanced Cardiac Life Support Protocols
Appendix C: Emergency Medications
Appendix D: Emergency Medical Skills