Features to Help You Teach a Great Massage Therapy Course—
- Learning Objectives beginning each chapter guide your reading by defining your learning goals.
- Note Card boxes distill complex concepts down to their essentials for easy review.
- Instruction in Action sections recommend activities that enhance and enliven your students' classroom experience.
- Ask Yourself boxes at the end of key sections enable you to assess your grasp of important concepts and their applications.
- Teacher Features highlight real stories of inspirational instructors and the impact they have had on the careers of professional massage therapists and teachers.
- Cross-References throughout the text direct you to related content in other chapters.
- Online Training Program offers continuing education credits and a framework for developing your teaching skills. The online course is composed of lectures with audio, activities, and quizzes delivered in short, easy-to-complete segments.
Each chapter has been written by one or more leading massage therapy educators. By sharing their own hands-on classroom experience, these educators enable you to develop and deliver the best massage therapy course possible.
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1: You the Instructor
Chapter 2: Massage Students and Body Centered Education (Rick Rosen)
Chapter 3: How People Learn - Theories and Approaches
Chapter 4: Instructional Methods (Suzanne Carroll)
Chapter 5: Motivation and Inspiration (Carey Elizabeth Smith)
Chapter 6: Classroom Management
Chapter 7: Teaching Students with Special Needs
Chapter 8: Designing and Presenting a Lesson
Chapter 9: Tips for Teaching Selected Classes