Unit 1. Exploring the Basics of Sterile Compounding
1. Sterile Compounding History and Personnel
2. Quality Assurance, Law, and Ethics
3. The Sterile Compounding Environment
4. Sterile Compounding Supplies
5. Medication Orders and Labeling
6. Calculations for Sterile Compounding
Unit 2. Compounding Sterile Preparations
7. Aseptic Garbing, Hand Washing, and Gloving
8. Cleaning the Horizontal Laminar Airflow Hood
9. Large-Volume Parenteral Preparations
10. Small-Volume Parenteral Preparations
11. Ampule-Based Preparations
12. Narcotic Preparations
13. Pediatric Preparations
14. Parenteral Nutrition Preperation
15. Parenteral Hazardous Drug Preperation
Appendix A. Student Answer Key for Concepts Self-Check
Appendix B. Useful Reference Tables
Appendix C. Resources for Chemotherapy Compounding
Appendix D. Process Validation Checklists
This courseware trains students in aseptic technique and its real-world applications in a sterile compounding facility. By combining the concepts foundation of a text and the skills practice of a training manual, students will learn concepts and procedures for preparing common parenteral products through clear, step-by-step instructions and brief video demonstrations of all procedural labs.
Sterile Compounding and Aseptic Technique:
- Aligns to USP Chapter <797> guidelines.
- Includes brief videos to help students visualize procedures for all sterile compounding tasks and pass process validation checklists.
- Prepares students to earn ACPE certification!