This companion to Textbook of Veterinary Medical Nursing, takes an in-depth look at the surgical aspects of both the RCVS VN syllabus and the Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing (surgical element). The aim is to provide a text specific to the above curricula but with a strong application of theory to practice throughout.
- Excellent layout with numerous line diagrams and photographs ensure quick grasp of essential facts and better understanding of content.
- Edited by two RCVS examiners, the book is designed to fit the students' needs.
- Application of theory to everyday practice makes this an essential resource for all veterinary nurses.
Table of Contents
1. Surgical Conditions and Intra-operative Management
2. Ophthalmology Surgery
3. Surgery of the Abdominal Cavity
4. Urogenital Surgery
5. Thoracic Surgery
6. The Cardiovascular System
7. ENT Surgery
9. Pre and Post-Operative Nursing
10. Theatre Practice
11. Instrumentation and Sterilization
By Carole Martin, DipAVN(Surgical), VN, Head Nurse, Clifton Villa Veterinary practice, Truro, Cornwall, UK; RCVS Chief Examiner VN exams; past President, BVNA; and Jo Masters, Cert Ed, VN, Practice Supervisor, Langport Veterinary Centre, Langport, Somerset