Essentials of Veterinary Anatomy & Physiology is a pocket guide to essential facts in anatomy and physiology. It covers all the basic information needed by students in a format that enables quick revision or easy assimilation of information. Species covered include exotics and equine as well as dog and cat. An essential pocket companion for all students of veterinary nursing or medicine.
- Convenient pocket size is ideal for daily reference in the clinical setting
- Unique format features bullet points, numbered lists, and tables for quick access to vital facts
- Features only essential illustrations to keep the format simple and concise
- Includes Memory Joggers and multiple-choice questions in each chapter that reinforce key concepts and help readers with information recall
- Includes separate in-depth coverage of small animals and exotic species
- Offers useful appendices that cover important terminology
Table of Contents
The Body Layout
The Locomotor System
The Nervous System and Special Senses
The Endocrine System
The Blood - Vascular System
The Respiratory System
The Digestive System
The Urinary System
The Reproductive System
Comparative Anatomy - Birds, Reptiles and Fish
Comparative Anatomy - Small Mammals
Appendix 1: Introduction to anatomical terminology.
Appendix 2: Glossary of terms.
By Victoria Aspinall, BVSc, MRCVS, Principal of Veterinary Training, Abbeydale Training Centre, Abbeydale, Gloucester, UK