Written in a concise, practical, outline manner, Manual of Contact Lens Prescribing and Fitting, 3rd Edition follows the logical progression of patient care, from basic prefitting topics, through rigid lens, soft lenses and advanced/specialty issues. Valuable management information assists in fitting and problem-solving situations, and clinical pearls in every chapter highlight key points. The companion CD-ROM uses video, animation, and morphing to demonstrate the skills of movement and position that are necessary to correctly fit rigid contact lenses.
- Covers both rigid and soft contact lenses.
- Enhances the reader’s understanding through video and animation on the CD-ROM.
- Begins with prefitting topics and ends with specialty topics, progressing logically as the optometrist would care for the patient.
- Two new chapters on patient selection and contact lens optics.
- Contributions from new authors and updating throughout to reflect the newest modalities and references.
- Thoroughly revised CD-ROM is more user-friendly for both the student and clinician, with additional color images and information on Soft Contacts and the Tear Film, Translating Bifocals (Multimedia), Keratoconus, and Post-Penetrating Keratoplasty.
- Part I. Basic Concepts 1. Anatomy and Physiology 2. Anterior Segment Disease and Contact Lenses 3. Examination and Instrumentation 4. Patient Selection new 5. CL optics new
- Part II. Gas-Permeable lenses 6. Gas-Permeable Lens Design and Fitting 7. Gas-Permeable Lens Fitting and Eyelid Geometry 8. Gas-Permeable Lens Fluorescein Patterns 9. Gas-Permeable Lens Materials 10. Modification and Verification 11. Gas-Permeable Lenses for Astigmatism 12. Gas-Permeable Lens Care and Patient Education 13. Gas-Permeable Cases
- Part III. Soft Lenses 14. Soft Lens Design, Fitting, and Physiologic Response 15. Soft Lens Materials 16. Soft Contact lenses and the Tear film 17. Soft Contact Lenses for Astigmatism 18. Soft Contact Lens Care and Patient Education
- Part IV. Extended wear 19. Gas-Permeable Extended Wear and Complications 20. Soft Extended Wear and Complications
- Part V. Special Topics 21. Dry Eyes and Contact Lenses 22. Monovision and Bifocals 23. Translating Bifocals 24. Keratoconus 25. Post-Penetrating Keratoplasty 26. Aphakia 27. Refractive Surgery and Contact Lenses 28. Pediatric Contact Lenses 29. Orthokeratology 30. Colored lenses 31. Scleral lenses
- Appendix A: Extended Keratometer Range with +1.25 D and –1.00 D Lenses
- Appendix B: Vertex Conversion Table of Plus and Minus Powers
- Appendix C: Keratometer Conversion (Diopter to Millimeters)