The new edition of this landmark text continues to be the ‘one stop reference’
to pharmacology for Australian and New Zealand health science students. Chapters
have been thoroughly updated and revised to include the latest information on
the clinical use of drugs and their application to specific disciplines within
the health professions is highlighted. Organised by body system, it retains
the features that have proved popular with students and lecturers, such as Clinical
Interest Boxes, Drug Monographs, chapter summaries and review exercises.
The text gives a comprehensive introduction to important pharmacology principles and concepts and has a strong focus on therapeutics. Written specifically for the Australasian region, it reflects local generic drug names, availability and clinical uses, along with local aspects of scheduling, drug legislation and ethical issues.
- Anatomy and physiology integrated throughout
- Discipline-specific information integrated throughout and additional resources provided via Evolve
- Key drug information at your fingertips: Drug Monographs, Drug Interactions Tables, Clinical Interest Boxes and key terms and abbreviations
- End-of-chapter review exercises to test your understanding.
- Evolve resources for both lecturer and student.
BPharm (Hons), MSc, PhD, Grad Dip Ed
Affiliations and Expertise
Honorary Fellow, The University of Melbourne, VIC, Australia