The new edition of this highly illustrated volume on small animal spinal disorders contains much more text than the previous edition, and has been re-organised into an illustrated text. All possible spinal disorders are covered - from trauma and disc disease to neoplasia and much more. Introductory chapters on relevant functional anatomy and clinical examination are followed by chapters on diagnosis, differential diagnosis and pre-operative assessment (including diagnostic aids and instrumentation). Each spinal disorder is then reviewed, giving operative techniques where necessary to enhance the detailed text. A discussion of post-operative management, possible complications and outcome is also included.
Encompassing all aspects of spinal disorders, from the presenting features of each spinal disorder to the outcomes after surgery or other treatment, and packed full of colour and black-and-white illustrations, Small Animal Spinal Disorders will give you all the information you need to diagnose and treat these complicated disorders.
New to this Edition
- This edition moves from an atlas-style presentation to that of a fully illustrated text.
- Lengthy figure legends have been replaced with shorter, easier-to-digest figure legends.
- 50 new color prints and line figures enhance coverage on new spine surgery techniques.
- A description-rich presentation of surgical procedures, outcomes, and complications makes this edition a vital resource for every clinical practice.
Table of Contents
1. Functional Anatomy
2. Patient Examination
3. Diagnosis and Differential Diagnosis
4. Diagnostic Aids
6. Pre-operative Assessment
7. Cervical Disc Disease
8. Thoracolumbar Disc Disease
9. Atlantoaxial Subluxation
10. Lumbosacrial Disease
11. Caudal Cervical Spondylomyelopathy
14. Miscellaneous Conditions
15. Post-operative Care
Glossary of Acronyms
By Nicholas J. H. Sharp, BVet.Med, PhD, MRCVS, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, NC, USA; and Simon J. Wheeler, BVSc, PhD, MRCVS, Technical Services Manager, Pharmacia & Upjohn, UK