By Christopher J. R. Stock, MSc, BDS, DGDP, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Restorative Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK; Kishor Gulabivala, BDS, MSc, Consultant in Restorative Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Sciences; and Richard T. Walker, RD, PhD, BDS
A lavishly illustrated, practical guide to endodontic treatment and procedures for general dental practitioners and endodontic specialists
- Practical approach to the subject takes the reader through every step of the clinical procedure from patient assessment to endodontic problem solving.
- More than 1500 superb illustrations, including colour coded line diagrams present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy to follow manner.
- A full chapter on radiography emphasises its importance in both diagnosis and treatment.
- Written at a level which ensures a wide appeal to both the general dental practitioner and the specialist endodontist.
- Covers the changes brought about by nickel titanium instruments, which produce different shapes in the root canal.
- Digital radiography
- More sophisticated filling techniques and the increased number of instruments associated with this.
- Expanded chapter on medicolegal aspects.
- New chapter on retreatment, covering such things as how to remove gutta percha, how to negotiate sclerosed canals and how to remove metal instruments, posts and silver points.
1. Biological basis for endodontics 2. Patient assessment 3. Radiography 4. Treatment planning 5. Pre-endodontic management 6. Root canal morphology 7. Preparation of the root canal 8. Intracanal medication and temporary seal 9. Obturation of the root canal system 10. Perio-endo lesions 11. Surgical endodontics 12. Emergency endodontics 13. Tooth resorption 14. Endodontic problems 15. Restoration of the root-filled tooth 16. Primary dentition 17. Medicolegal aspects