Through three bestselling editions, Dr. Allan M. Putterman's masterful work has helped thousands of practitioners expand their repertoire of aesthetic periorbital and facial surgery techniques. Now, Steven Fagien, MD, FACS – hand picked by Dr. Putterman to serve as Editor for the 4th Edition – brings you a wealth of new procedures, fresh approaches from new authors, and new illustrations to help you update and enhance your operative skills. What's more, a new bonus DVD includes intraoperative videos that let you see exactly how to perform a variety of key techniques, step by step.
"The book is a collaborative effort. Chapters are written by oculoplastic surgeons, plastic surgeons, and dermatologists, which ensures that the book provides a very broad and comprehensive approach to the topic.
I enjoyed reading the book and heartily recommend it as a valuable tool for a learning surgeon as well as a source of new ideas and “fine tuning” for the experienced surgeon. The book is a welcome addition to my library and will be recommended by me to residents, fellows, and colleagues. Dr. Fagien is to be congratulated for making the fourth edition an important one."
Sonny Mccord - Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, May 2008
REVIEW OF THE LAST EDITION
"This book may be used by the ophthalmologist wishing to embark on aesthetic surgery or by the oculoplastic surgeon wishing to pick up a few tips from renowned experts. The procedures described in the text add to the surgeon's armamentarium for providing cosmetic oculoplastic surgery." - Archives of Ophthalmology
"This publication is an excellent product of a large group of ophthalmologists and should be read by all carrying out these procedures." - Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
This well established textbook has some very welcome improvements and offers a comprehensive update on cosmetic oculoplastic and oculofacial techniques. There are now superb new colour illustrations and photographs. The accompanying DVD-ROM contains videos of current surgical and injectable techniques. I would recommend this textbook and DVD to aspiring and established cosmetic plastic as oculoplastic surgeons alike. It is a comprehensive and contemporary cosmetic oculoplastic text. - Eye News, November 2008
- Discusses how to select and perform appropriate procedures for a multitude of cosmetic problems and includes elaborate illustrations
- Provides information on issues related to cosmetic surgery such as psychology, anatomy, and anaesthesia
New to this Edition
- Master state-of-the-art techniques with new chapters on · Upper Blepharoplasty: Volume Enhancement via Skin Approach: Lowering the Upper Lid Crease · Lower Blepharoplasty: Blending the Lid/Cheek Junction · Brow Lift Techniques · Injectable Agents for Dermal Soft-Tissue Augmentation of the Face: Options and Decision Making · Expanded uses of BTX-A for Facial Aesthetic Enhancement.
- Observe how leading surgeons perform a variety of procedures by watching the new surgical videos on the Bonus DVD.
- Obtain fresh insights from 50% new authors, all luminaries on their respective subjects.
- Know what to look for and how to proceed thanks to abundant new artwork.
Table of Contents
List of Contributors
Part I: Preoperative Considerations
- Ch. 1: The History of Cosmetic Oculoplastic Surgery, Lawrence B. Katzen & Steven Fagien
- Ch. 2: Current Observations of Periorbital Aging: A Prelude to Improved Surgical Result (new chapter), Val Lambros & Steven Fagien
- Ch. 3: Evaluation of the Cosmetic Oculoplastic Surgery Patient, Allen M. Putterman
- Ch. 4: A comprehensive evaluation of the cosmetic oculoplastic surgery patient: Beyond Formal Measurements. Decision Making and Tips to Enhance Patient Satisfaction and Outcomes (new chapter), Steven Fagien
- Ch. 5: Eyelid and Mid Cheek Anatomy (new chapter), Paul A Harris & Bryan C Mendelson
Part II: The Upper Periorbita
- Ch. 6: Brow Lift Techniques (new chapter), Jeffrey E. Janis, Jason K. Potter & Rod J. Rohrich
- Ch. 7: Treatment of Upper Eyelid Dermatochalasis with Reconstruction of Upper Eyelid Crease: Skin-Muscle Flap Approach, Allen M. Putterman
- Ch. 8: Upper Blepharoplasty: Volume Enhancement via Skin Approach: Lowering the Upper Lid Crease (new chapter), Steven Fagien
- Ch. 9: Upper Blepharoplasty in the Asian Patient, William P. Chen
- Ch. 10: Upper Blepharoplasty Combined with Levator Aponeurosis Repair, John R. Burroughs, William M. McLeish & Richard L. Anderson
- Ch. 11: Müller's Muscle-Conjunctival Resection-Ptosis Procedure Combined with Upper Blepharoplasty, Allen M. Putterman & Steven Fagien
- Ch. 12: Internal Brow Lift: Browplasty and Browpexy, Alan M. Putterman
- Ch. 13: Treatment of Upper Eyelid Retraction: Internal Approach, Alan M. Putterman
Part III: The Lower Periorbita
- Ch. 14: Transconjunctival Approach to Resection of Lower Eyelid Herniated Orbital Fat, Allen M. Putterman
- Ch. 15: Lower Blepharoplasty: Blending the Lid/Cheek Junction (new chapter), Steven Fagien
- Ch. 16: Treatment of Lower Eyelid Dermatochalasis, Herniated Orbital Fat, and Hypertrophic Orbicularis Muscle: Skin-Muscle Flap Approach, Allen M. Putterman
- Ch. 17: Cheek-Midface lift (new chapter), Allen M. Putterman
- Ch. 18:Treatment of Lower Eyelid Retraction with Recession of Lower Lid Retractors and Placement of Hard-Palate or Allogeneic Dermal Matrix Spacer Grafts, Allen M. Putterman & Steven Fagien
- Ch. 19: Fat Repositioning in Lower Blepharoplasty (new chapter), Robert A. Goldberg
Part IV: Ancillary Procedures of the Periorbita and Beyond
- Ch. 20: Alloplastic Contouring For Suboribital, Maxillary, Zygomatic Deficiencies (new chapter), Edward O. Terino
- Ch. 21: Chemical peeling: Independent or in Conjunction with Facial Plastic Surgery, Jonathan A. Hoenig, Norman Shorr & David M. Morrow
- Ch. 22: Eyelid and Facial Laser Skin Resurfacing (new chapter), Sterling Baker & Erin L Holloman
- Ch. 23: Injectable Agents for Dermal Soft-Tissue Augmentation of the Face: Options and Decision Making (new chapter), Steven Fagien, Jean Carruthers & Alastair Carruthers
- Ch. 24: Expanded uses of BTX-A for Facial Aesthetic Enhancement (new chapter), Steven Fagien , Alastair Carruthers & Jean Carruthers
By Steven Fagien, MD, FACS, Aesthetic Eyelid Plastic Surgery, Private Practice; Boca Raton, FL, USA