Completely revised and updated, the 3rd Edition of this premier resource provides cutting-edge coverage of the epidemiology, immunology, and hematology of myeloma—all in one convenient reference. A team of leading international authorities in myeloma research presents a worldwide perspective on the most recent developments in management and therapeutic options, as well as the latest clinical understanding of the disease.
- Covers epidemiology, immunology, and hematology of myeloma – all in a one-stop resource.
New to this Edition
- Provides new information on the biology, staging, and treatment of myeloma.
- Offers new chapters on cytogenetics of multiple myeloma, molecular profiling of myeloma, prognostic factors, and novel agents for multiple myeloma, including those targeting tumors and microenvironment.
- Presents the most recent breakthroughs in treatment, including various new drugs of proven efficacy such as Proteasome inhibitor Bortezomib, immunomodulatory drug Revamid, and controversial thalidomide, as well as treatment options just on the horizon.
- Includes up-to-date information on gene micro-array profiling studies, which impact myeloma pathogenesis and identify targets of sensitivity versus resistance to new therapies.
Table of Contents
1. Immunoglobulins (D.E. Joshua)
2. Antibody-secreting Cells and their Origins (Selina Chen-Kiang)
3. Molecular Biology of Multiple Myeloma (P. Leif Bergsagel, Michael Kuehl)
4. Cytokins, Cytokine Receptors and Signal Transduction in Human Multiple Myeloma (Kenneth Anderson, D. Chauhan, Teru Hideshima)
5. Cytogenetics of Multiple Myeloma (Rafael Fonseca)
6. Molecular Profiling of Myeloma (Keith Stewart, John Shaughnessy)
7. Multiple Myeloma: A History (Robert Kyle, D.P. Steensma)
8. Epidemiology of Myeloma (Anneclaire DeRoos, Dalsu Baris, Lisa J. Herrinton)
9. Clinical Presentation, Laboratory Diagnosis and Indications for Treatment (James Malpas, Jamie Cavenagh)
10. Radiologic Features of Multiple Myeloma (Lia A. Molopolous, Meletious Dimopoulos)
11. Prognostic Factors (Jesus San Miguel)
12. Conventional-dose Chemotherapy of Myeloma (Daniel Bergsagel, A. Keith Stewart)
13. High-Dose Therapy (Faith Davies, Anthony Childs)
14. Novel Agents for Multiple Myeloma (Teru Hideshima, Paul Richardson, Kenneth Anderson)
15. Management of Skeletal Complications (James Berenson)
16. Management of Renal, Infectious and Hematologic Complications (Joan Blade)
17. Neurological Manifestations of Myeloma and their Management (Jeffrey Gawler)
18. Myeloma: Patient and Caregiver (Michael Katz, Karin Isgur Bergsagel, Daniel Bergsagel)
19. Monoclonal Gammopathies of Undetermined Significance (Robert Kyle, S. Vincent Rajkumar)
20. Plasmacytoma (James Malpas, Jamie Cavenagh)
21. Amyloidosis (Philip Hawkins)
22. Heavy-Chain Diseases (Dietland Wahner-Roedler, Robert Kyle)
23. Waldenstrom's Macroglbulinemia (Robert Kyle, Rafael Fonseca)