Aaron: Acute Psychosis
Anna: Recurrent Depressive Disorder
Laura: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Jane: Alcohol Use Disorder
Colin: Anxiety Disorders
Norma: Perinatal Mental Illness
Kathleen: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Walter: Treatment Resistant Depression
Emma: Eating Disorders
John: Polysubstance Misuse
Natasha: Medically Unexplained Symptoms
Michael: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Caroline: Bipolar Affective Disorder
Declan: Mental Illness in Autistic Spectrum Disorders
Francine: Borderline Personality Disorder
Trevor: Antisocial Personality Disorder
Frankie: Gender Dysphoria
Linda: Opiate Misuse and Pregnancy
Larry: Mental Illness in Intellectual Disability
Luke: A Case of Suicide
Pious, Bernadette, Dervla, Emmett and Karim: Adverse Effects of Medication
Mark: School Refusal
Problem-Based Psychiatry is a comprehensive resource covering the key principles of evidence-based approaches to diagnosis and treatment of the full range of psychiatric disorders.
The text is highly engaging and interactive. It offers a unique patient-centred, multidisciplinary perspective, taking students through a series of narratives designed to prompt deeper understanding and learning.
Ideal for medical students and educators alike, this text will also be a valuable resource for doctors engaged in postgraduate training in psychiatry and other medical disciplines, as well as for the range of allied mental health professionals.
- 26 chapters designed for individual teaching sessions.
- Evidence-based treatment options for all major psychiatric disorders and presentations, including autism spectrum disorders, PTSD, gender dysphoria and schizophrenia.
- Problem-based format allows for learning in a real-world, practical context.
- Narratives and scenario-based learning to promote deep understanding.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By David Meagher, MB, BCh, BAO, DPM MSc Neuroscience (Hons), MHSc Clinical Teaching (Hons), MD, PhD, MRCPsych.; Henry O’Connell, MB, BCh, BAO, MRCPsych, MD, MHSc; John McFarland; Noreen Moloney and Maeve Leonard.