Poisons, toxicology and envenomation
Acute medicine and critical illness
Clinical biochemistry and metabolism
Kidney and urinary tract disease
Nutrition and disease
Alimentary tract and pancreatic disease
Liver and biliary tract disease
Rheumatology and bone disease
Ageing and disease
For over half a century Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine has informed and educated students, doctors and other health professionals all over the world, providing a comprehensive account of the practice of medicine. Davidson's Essentials of Medicine provides the core content of the main textbook in a condensed format which will be invaluable whenever you are on the move - whether commuting, travelling between training sites, or on electives.
- This book provides a distillation of the core information required for clinical studies in medicine. While retaining the acclaimed readability of the main textbook it presents the key information in a format more appropriate for practical clinical work.
- The scope of the contents was carefully selected by a team of junior doctors, emphasising only the topics that will be essential for clinical studies.
- The text draws directly on the depth and breadth of experience of the Davidson's authors and its International Advisory Board.
New to this Edition
- Updated to include key changes and new illustrations included in Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine.
- New chapters on Acute Medicine and Ophthalmology
By J. Alastair Innes, BSc PhD FRCP Ed, Consultant Physician, Respiratory Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh; Honorary Reader in Respiratory Medicine, University of Edinburgh, UK.