From a review of the previous edition:
'For all the pharmacy students out there part of your pharmacy degree will be to study formulation design and pharmaceutics. This is the holy grail of pharmaceutical technology books. The text reads well and introduces difficult concepts in a more easy-to-understand way, it is definitely worth the money to help you get through the module, if you're doing a research project in pharmaceutical design then this would also be an excellent buy.This is essential for passing exams and developing professional competence.'
This is the best known text on pharmaceutics. Its strength lies mainly in being a complete course in one book. Reviewers consistently praise its comprehensiveness and its extremely high quality-quality content. Pharmaceutics is one of the most diverse subject areas in pharmaceutical science and an understanding of it is vital for all pharmacists and scientists involved in converting drugs to medicines that can be safely delivered to a patient. The editorial and author team deliver a tour de force of accessibility, coverage and currency in this new edition of a world-class textbook.
- Relevant chemistry covered throughout
- Reflects current and future use of biotechnology products throughout
- Covers ongoing changes in our understanding of biopharmaceutics, certain areas of drug delivery and the significance of the solid state
- Includes the science of formulation and drug delivery
- Designed and written for newcomers to the design of dosage forms
- Key points boxes throughout
- Summaries at the end of each chapter
New to this Edition
- Fully updated throughout, with particular focus on delivery of biopharmaceuticals, nanotechnology and nanomedicines, parenteral and ocular drug delivery mechanisms.
- Now comes with online access on StudentConsult.
Edited by Michael E. Aulton, BPharm, PhD, FAAPS, FSP, FRPharmS, Emeritus Professor, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK and Kevin M.G. Taylor, BPharm PhD FAAPS FRPharmS, Professor of Clinical Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK
'I have a BSc Chemistry MSc Medicinal Chemistry and now I study B.Pharm Pharmacy. I bought this book for my class in Pharmaceutical Technology and, with a strong background in Physical Chemistry, I found this book very good for the transition from Physical Chemistry to Physical Pharmacy. It is ideal both for study and reference.'
'I have tried all these books, even 2007 version of it, I hated Aulton 2007 but this book is amazing!
It has been neatly tidied up and with sections and very good summary in the beginning it has covered almost everything (looking forward for more in the future!).'
'...easy to read ... The table of contents at the beginning of the each chapter is really good, the diagrams have been renewed. The language of the book has also changed and the explanations were further simplified so that we actually understand the concept even better!'
'I bought this textbook because it was the recommended textbook for our pharmaceutics lectures. I would always recommend this textbook.'