Everything a student needs to know about medical genetics is here in the 15th edition of this award-winning textbook. Thoroughly updated and revised throughout to map a fast-moving area, the 15th edition continues Emery’s enviable reputation for successfullybalancing up-to-dateness in a rapidly developing field with a strong basis in practical clinical genetics for medical students. With MCQs and Case-Based Review Questions, end of chapter summaries and convenient online access, it is the essential tool for thiscomplex but foundational topic for all medical undergraduates, as well as postgraduates seeking to improve their understanding and knowledge.
On StudentConsult, giving you two books for one. Download your StudentConsult e-book to your laptop or mobile for portability and 24-7 access.
Divided into three restructured sections to make the book easier to use for a variety of readers: Scientific Basis of Human Genetics; Genetics in Medicine and Genomic Medicine; Clinical Genetics, Counselling and Ethics
- Interactive self-assessment questions
- Case-based questions
- Online hyperlinks to important genetics websites and clinical databases.
- Update of clinical figures to include more full-colour images
- An extensive glossary of terms
- Full colour art to visualise the appearance of genetic disorders and assist with the understanding of complex genetic structures
- Explore the social, ethical and counselling issues surrounding the study and treatment of genetic disorders.
- Elements boxes at the end of each chapter summarizing the basics at a glance