Written by leading authorities in complementary and integrative medicine, this convenient, quick-reference handbook provides clear and rational directives on diagnosing and treating specific diseases and disorders with natural medicine. You'll get concise summaries of diagnostic procedures, general considerations, therapeutic considerations, and therapeutic approaches for 84 of the most commonly seen conditions, 12 of which are new to this edition, plus naturopathic treatment methods and easy-to-follow condition flowcharts. Based on Pizzorno's trusted Textbook of Natural Medicine and the most current evidence available, it's your key to accessing reliable, natural diagnosis and treatment options in any setting.
- More than 80 algorithms throughout text synthesize therapeutic content and provide support for clinical judgment with a conceptual overview of case management.
- Combination of expert author team and scientifically verified content assures this handbook contains the most reliable coverage of diagnostic and natural treatment methods.
- Well-organized format utilizing consistent headings helps you make fast and accurate diagnoses.
- Light, portable size enables you to easily carry the handbook along with you in practice.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest research, data, and trends - including the most current recommendations related to specific diseases and newly emerging treatments.
- NEW! Four new chapters cover female infertility, maldigestion, bronchitis and pneumonia, and pregnancy health and primary prevention of adult disease.
Acne Vulgaris and Acne Conglobata
Aphthous Stomatitis (Aphthous Ulcer/Canker Sore/Ulcerative Stomatitis)
Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Bronchitis and Pneumonia
Cancer: Integrated Naturopathic Support
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Congestive Heart Failure
Fibrocystic Breast Disease
Glaucoma: Acute (Angle Closure) and Chronic (Open Angle)
Hair Loss in Women
HIV/AIDS: Naturopathic Medical Principles and Practice
Hyperventilation Syndrome/Breathing Pattern Disorders
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Intestinal Protozoan Infestation and Systemic Illness
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Pregnancy Health and Primary Prevention of Adult Disease
Senile (Aging-Related) Cataracts
By Joseph E. Pizzorno, Jr., ND, President Emeritus, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA, USA; Michael T. Murray, ND, Faculty, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA, USA and Herb Joiner-Bey, ND, Naturopathic Physician, WA