Are you mentoring students?
This is an indispensable handbook for:
- both new and experienced mentors seeking practical advice
- academic staff who deliver mentorship programmes
- link lecturers who support mentors in practice.
- Guidance and tips on supporting and assessing
- Understanding accountability - mapping to NMC standards
- Skills focus, using case studies
- Hints, tips, insights and humour
- Supporting the student with a disability
- Using simulated learning
- The role of the sign-off mentor
By Karen Elcock, BSc MSc PGDip CertEdFE RN RNT FHEA, Director of Practice and Work-based Learning, Practice Education Support Unit, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, Thames Valley University, Reading, UK and Kath Sharples, BN MA PGDip PGCert RGN RNT, Learning Community Education Advisor, Practice Education Support Unit, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, Thames Valley University, Brentford, UK