Tropical Infectious Diseases: Principles, Pathogens and Practice, by Drs. Richard
L. Guerrant, David H. Walker, and Peter F. Weller, delivers the expert, encyclopedic
guidance you need to overcome the toughest clinical challenges in diagnosing
and treating diseases caused by infectious agents from tropical regions. Sweeping
updates to this 3rd edition include vaccines, SARS, hepatitis A-E, Crimean-Congo
hemorrhagic fever virus, tick-borne encephalitis and Omsk hemorrhagic fever,
human papilloma virus, and mucormycosis. New full-color images throughout allow
you to more accurately view the clinical manifestations of each disease and
better visualize the life cycles of infectious agents. And, full-text online
access at www.expertconsult.com enables you to perform quick searches and rapidly
locate and download images. Definitive, state-of-the-art coverage of pathophysiology
as well as clinical management makes this the reference you’ll want to
consult - online and in print - whenever you are confronted with tropical infections,
whether familiar or unfamiliar!
- Obtain complete and trustworthy advice from hundreds of the leading experts on tropical diseases worldwide, including cutting-edge summaries of pathophysiology and epidemiology as well as clinical management.
New To This Edition:
- Get the latest answers on vaccines, SARS, hepatitis A-E, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus, tick-borne encephalitis and Omsk hemorrhagic fever, human papilloma virus, mucormycosis, and much more.
- Implement best practices from all over the world with guidance from almost twice as many international authors - over 100 representing more than 35 countries.
- Accurately view the clinical manifestations of each disease and visualize the life cycles of infectious agents with new full-color images throughout.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, rapidly searchable; rapidly locate and download all of the images in either PowerPoint or JPEG format; and follow links to PubMed abstracts for most references.
- Reference the book more easily thanks to a new streamlined, single-volume format, with all of the references online.
By Richard L. Guerrant, MD, Thomas H. Hunter Professor of International Medicine; Chief, Division of Geographic and International Medicine; Director, Office of International Health, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA; David H. Walker, MD, Carmage and Martha Walls Distinguished Chair of Tropical Diseases; Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathology; Director, WHO Collaborating Center for Tropical Diseases, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX and Peter F. Weller, MD, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Co-Chief, Infectious Disease Division; Vice Chair of Research, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA