Vea las próximas publicaciones en
Printed book plus PageburstTM access - you will receive a printed book and access to the complete book content electronically. PageburstTM enhances learning by not only bringing world class content to your fingertips but also letting you add to it, annotate it, and categorize it all in a way that suits you. PageburstTM frees you to spend more time learning and less time searching.
Now in its fourth edition and with a new title - Injection Techniques in Musculoskeletal Medicine - this successful step-by-step guide is a trusted resource used by a wide range of practitioners who have to deal with the management of painful joints and soft tissues, particularly in relation to sports and overuse injuries.
Area by area, guidance is given for each lesion on appropriate patient selection and delivery of the drug. Every technique has its own two-page spread containing a written description along with an anatomical illustration of the region and a photograph showing the anatomical landmarks for the injection.
This new edition is now accompanied by a Trainer available via www.injectiontechniquesonline.com. For an additional discounted purchase using the PIN located at the bottom of the inside front cover, readers gain access to a virtual training guide - introduced by Stephanie Saunders herself - which covers the top most common injection techniques for each of the body regions. Through key text, videos, animations and interactive self-assessment, users are tested on their knowledge of anatomical landmarks, differential diagnoses, assessment criteria, drug selection and technical skill. Further access is given to a library of over 50 video clips showing supplementary injection techniques which clearly demonstrate the correct anatomical position for each needle insertion.
- Illustrations, references, lesions, drugs, controversies!
- Chapters on Other Injectable Substances; Landmark and Image Guided Injections
- Latest evidence in injection therapy literature
- Adapted and simplified practical sections
- Access to Musculoskeletal Injection Techniques Trainer - a virtual aid to test your anatomical and technical skills on the top most common injections for the upper and lower limbs and spine - perfect for self-testing and honing your skills!
- Log on to www.injectiontechniquesonline.com and upgrade to the Trainer by using your PIN located at the bottom of the inside front cover of your book
- Gain unlimited access to a bank of over 50 video clips demonstrating actual needle insertion for each lesion
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Section 1 INJECTION THERAPY - THE EVIDENCE
- The evidence base for injection therapy
- Corticosteroids and local anaesthetics
- Other substances used for injection therapy
- Landmark and image guided injections
- Aspiration and miscellaneous injections
- Safety, drugs and sport, medicolegal issues
- Section 2 PRACTICAL GUIDELINES FOR INJECTION THERAPY
- How to use this book
- Contraindications to injection therapy
- Preparation protocol
- Injection technique flowchart
- Section 3 UPPER LIMB INJECTIONS
- Examination of the upper limb
- The shoulder
- The elbow
- The wrist and hand
- Temporomandibular joint
- Summary of suggested upper limb dosages
- Section 4 LOWER LIMB INJECTIONS
- Examination of the lower limb
- The hip
- The knee
- The ankle and foot
- Summary of suggested lower limb dosages
- Section 5 SPINAL INJECTIONS
- Spinal injection guidelines
- Examination of the spine
- Spinal injection techniques
- Summary of suggested spinal dosages
- Appendix 1 Landmark technique accuracy and outcome studies
- Appendix 2 Injection Survey
By Stephanie Saunders, FCSP, FSOM, Private Practitioner; Course Director, Orthopaedic Medicine Seminars and the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Orthopaedic Medicine; Fellow of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists, London, UK and Steve Longworth, MB ChB MSc FRCGP DM-SMED DPCR FSOM, Principal in General Practice, East Leicester Medical Practice, Uppingham Road Health Centre, Leicester; Specialist Doctor, Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester, UK