CS Surgery provides best surgical practices recommended by over 200 leading surgeons, under the sponsorship of the American College of Surgeons. Richly illustrated, with over 1200 full-colour diagrams, photos, and illustrations that clarify complex processes and procedures. Over 100 algorithms offer step-by-step diagnostic and management strategies in a practical manner.
New to the seventh edition are:
- Expanded care in special situations section: New chapters, including urologic considerations for the general surgeon; gynaecologic considerations for the general surgeon; transplantation for the general surgeon; plastic surgery considerations for the general surgeon.
- New scientific foundations section: New chapters, including evidence-based medicine; technical aspects of laparoscopic surgery; principles of cancer treatment; coagulation disorders; management of chronic wounds.
- Updated coverage of topics relating to breast, abdominal pain, intestinal obstruction, gastrointestinal bleeding, bariatric procedures, and many others.
· Competency-Based Surgical Care.
· Basic Surgical and Perioperative Considerations.
· Head and Neck.
· Breast, Skin, and Soft Tissue.
· The Thorax.
· Gastrointestinal Tract and Abdomen.
· Vascular System.