Manual of Trauma Management in the Dog and Cat provides quick access to clinically
relevant information on stabilizing, diagnosing, and managing the trauma patient.
The book uses an outline format to provide fast access to essential information,
focusing on practical advice and techniques for treating traumatic injuries.
Manual of Trauma Management in the Dog and Cat is an ideal handbook for quickly
and confidently managing this common presenting complaint.
Beginning with a concise summary of the global assessment of traumatized patients, the heart of the book is devoted to guidance on managing specific types of trauma following definitive diagnosis. Manual of Trauma Management in the Dog and Cat is a valuable quick-reference guide to treating canine and feline trauma patients for general practitioners and emergency specialists alike.
Table of Contents
1. GLOBAL APPROACH TO THE TRAUMA PATIENT (Kenneth J. Drobatz).
2. TRIAGE AND PRIMARY SURVEY (Matthew W. Beal).
3. SHOCK IN THE TRAUMA PATIENT (Rebecca S. Syring).
4. MONITORING OF THE TRAUMA PATIENT (Dana L. Clarke and Andrew J. Brown).
5. ANESTHESIA AND ANALGESIA FOR THE TRAUMA PATIENT (Benjamin M. Brainard and Lindsey Culp-Snyder).
6. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED THORACIC INJURY (Matthew W. Beal).
7. TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY (Rebecca Syring).
8. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED PERIPHERAL NERVE INJURY (Jessica Snyder).
9. TRAUMATIC SPINAL INJURY (Daniel Fletcher).
10. URINARY TRACT TRAUMA (Merilee F. Costello).
11. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED ABDOMINAL PARENCHYMAL ORGAN INJURY (Andrew J. Brown, Charles S. McBrien, and Stephen J. Mehler).
12. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED BILIARY TRACT INJURY (Phillip Mayhew).
13. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED BODY WALL AND TORSO INJURY (Phillip Mayhew and William Culp).
14. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED GASTROINTESTINAL INJURY (Phillip Mayhew and William Culp).
15. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED OCULAR INJURY (Deborah C. Mandell).
16. TRAUMA-ASSOCIATED MUSCULOSKELETAL INJURY TO THE HEAD (Alexander M. Reiter and John R. Lewis).
17. TRAUMA-ASSOCIATED SOFT TISSUE INJURY TO THE HEAD AND NECK (John R. Lewis and Alexander M. Reiter).
18. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED MUSCULOSKELETAL INJURY TO THE APPENDICULAR SKELETON (Stephen J. Mehler).
19. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED MUSCULOSKELETAL INJURY TO THE PELVIS, SACRUM AND TAIL (Lauren May and Stephen J. Mehler).
20. BITE WOUND TRAUMA (David Holt).
21. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED AURAL INJURY (William Culp and Phillip Mayhew).
Kenneth J. Drobatz, DVM, MSCE, DACVIM, DACVECC, is Professor and Chief of the
Section of Critical Care at the University of Pennsylvania's School of Veterinary
Medicine as well as Director of Emergency Services.
Matthew W. Beal, DVM, DACVECC, is an Associate Professor of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine and Director of Interventional Radiology Services at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Michigan State University.
Rebecca S. Syring, DVM, DACVECC, is a Staff Veterinarian in the Section of Critical Care at the University of Pennsylvania's School of Veterinary Medicine.