This new edition of the successful Staged Diabetes Management will again address the prominent issues of primary care diabetes management based on the International Diabetes Center’s “Staged Diabetes Management” program, which it advocates as part of its mission statement. This systematic treatment program consists of practical solutions to the detection and treatment of diabetes, its complications, and such areas as metabolic syndrome, pre-diabete,s and diabetes in children using evidence-based medicine. The text reviews the fundamental basis of diabetes management and then addresses treatment of each type of diabetes and the major micro- and macrovascular complications.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART ONE: DIABETES CARE FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF STAGED DIABETES MANAGEMENT.
- 1 Introduction to Staged Diabetes Management.
- 2 Implementation of Staged Diabetes Management.
- 3 Characterization of Glucose Metabolism.
PART TWO: THE TREATMENT OF DIABETES.
- 4 Detection and Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes.
- 5 Type 2 Diabetes in Adults.
- 6 Diabetes In Pregnancy.
- 7 Type 2 Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome In Children And Adolescents.
PART THREE: DIABETES COMPLICATIONS AND COMORBIDITIES AND HYPERGLYCEMIA IN THE HOSPITALIZED SETTING.
- 8 Complications Associated with Diabetes.
- 9 Diabetes-Associated Comorbidities.
- 10 Hyperglycemia in the Hospital Setting.