Providing a detailed overview of respiratory medicine in one short volume, Respiratory Medicine Lecture Notes covers everything from the basics of anatomy and physiology through to information on a full range of respiratory diseases.
Whether approaching the topic for the first time, starting a rotation, or looking for a quick-reference summary, medical students, specialist nurses, technicians and doctors in training will find this book an invaluable source of theoretical and clinical information.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part 1 Structure and Function.
- 1 Anatomy and physiology of the lungs.
Part 2 History Taking, Examination and Investigations.
- 2 History taking and examination.
- 3 Pulmonary function tests.
- 4 Radiology of the chest.
Part 3 Respiratory Diseases.
- 5 Upper respiratory tract infections and influenza.
- 6 Pneumonia.
- 7 Tuberculosis.
- 8 Bronchiectasis and lung abscess.
- 9 Cystic fibrosis.
- 10 Asthma.
- 11 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- 12 Carcinoma of the lung.
- 13 Interstitial lung disease.
- 14 Occupational lung disease.
- 15 Pulmonary vascular disease.
- 16 Pneumothorax and pleural effusion.
- 17 Acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- 18. Sleep-related breathing disorders.
- 19 Lung transplantation.
Part 4 Self assessment.
- Multiple choice questions.
- Answers to multiple choice questions.
Dr Stephen J. Bourke MD FRCPI FCCP, Consultant Physician, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Dr Graham P. Burns, Consultant Physician in Respiratory Medicine, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK