This book is a foundation for further study into childhood headache and serve as a quick, up-to-date reference for the recognition, diagnosis, basic understanding, evaluation and management of headache disorders in children and adolescents.
- Covers primary headache disorders including migraine
- Covers secondary headaches, including sinus, and post traumatic headache
- Provides thoughtful guidelines on behavioural management strategies as well as pharmacologic therapies
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: History of Childhood Headaches.
Epidemiology, Classification and Pathophysiology of pediatric headaches.
- Chapter 2: Evaluation and Classification.
- Chapter 3: Diagnostic Testing and Concerning Variants.
- Chapter 4: Epidemiology of Pediatric Headaches.
- Chapter 5: Impact of Childhood Headaches.
- Chapter 6: Emergent evaluation and management.
- Chapter 7: Pathophysiology.
Primary Headache Disorders.
- Chapter 8: Migraine: Diagnosis and Treatment.
- Chapter 9: Migraine Variants and the Periodic Syndromes.
- Chapter10: Tension-type headache: Diagnosis and Treatment.
- Chapter 11: Chronic Daily Headaches in Children.
- Chapter 12: Other Primary Headache Disorders.
- Chapter 13: Biobehavioral Management of Childhood Headaches.
Secondary Headache Disorders.
- Chapter 14: Sinus Headache and Nasal Disease.
- Chapter 15: Post-traumatic Headaches.
- Chapter 16: Headaches associated with altered intracranial pressure.
- Chapter 17: Other Secondary Headaches.