The preeminent book on cancer cytogenetics—now in a valuable new edition
Like its successful predecessors, Cancer Cytogenetics, Third Edition continues to offer authoritative coverage of neoplastic processes at the chromosomal level of genomic organization. Now updated and expanded, this new edition includes detailed information on the most recent advances in the field, incorporating a vast amount of new cytogenetic as well as molecular genetic data from the latest basic and clinical investigations.
Edited by two leading authorities, who are now aided by a panel of internationalexperts, this new edition has been updated to include:
- Greatly expanded coverage of solid tumors
- Enhanced coverage of acute and chronic myeloproliferative disorders
- The latest findings on acute and chronic lymphoproliferative disorders
Cancer Cytogenetics, Third Edition is a valuable resource for researchers in a wide range of fields, including cytogenetics, medical and molecular genetics, cellular and molecular biology, oncology, and hematology. With its complete coverage of thecytogenetic mechanisms underlying neoplasia, and always with a keen eye on the clinical consequences of the various acquired genetic aberrations, this text will alsobe an indispensable reference for all clinicians involved in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients.
Table of Contents
List of Contributors.
- Chapter 1: A New Approach to an Old Problem (Sverre Heim and Felix Mitelman).
- Chapter 2: Cytogenetic Methods (David Gisselsson).
- Chapter 3: Cytogenetic Nomenclature (Sverre Heim and Felix Mitelman).
- Chapter 4: Nonrandom Chromosome Abnormalities in Cancer - An Overview (Sverre Heim and Felix Mitelman).
- Chapter 5: Acute Myeloid Leukemia (Bertil Johansson and Christine J. Harrison).
- Chapter 6: Myelodysplastic Syndromes (Harold J. Olney and Michelle M. Le Beau).
- Chapter 7: Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (Thoas Fioretos and Bertil Johansson).
- Chapter 8: Chronic Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (Peter Vandenberghe, Lucienne Michaux and Anne Hagemeijer).
- Chapter 9: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (Christine J. Harrison and Bertil Johansson).
- Chapter 10: Mature B- and T-Cell Neoplasms and Hodgkin Lymphoma (Reiner Siebert).
- Chapter 11: Tumors of the Upper Aerodigestive tract (Mihaela Avramut and Susanne M. Gollin).
- Chapter 12: Tumors of the Lung (Penny Nymark, Eeva Kettunen and Sakari Knuutila).
- Chapter 13: Tumors of the Digestive Tract (Georgia Bardi and Sverre Heim).
- Chapter 14: Tumors of the Urinary Tract (Paola Dal Cin and Azra H. Ligon).
- Chaper 15: Tumors of the Breast (Manuel R. Teixeira, Nikos Pandis and Sverre Heim).
- Chapter 16: Tumors of the Female Genital Organs (Francesca Micci and Sverre Heim).
- Chapter 17: Tumors of the Male Genital Organs (Manuel R. Teixeira and Sverre Heim).
- Chapter 18: Tumors of Endocrine Glands (Jörn Bullerdiek and David Gisselsson).
- Chapter 19: Tumors of the Nervous System (Aaron M. Bender, Fausto J. Rodriguez, Gobinda Sarkar and Robert B. Jenkins).
- Chapter 20: Tumors of the Eye (Karen Sisley).
- Chapter 21: Tumors of the Skin (Fredrik Mertens and Sverre Heim).
- Chapter 22: Tumors of Bone (Fredrik Mertens and Nils Mandahl).
- Chapter 23: Soft Tissue Tumors (Nils Mandahl and Fredrik Mertens).