Important scientific discoveries and ever-changing guidelines for how to identify and manage patients with hereditary cancer syndromes are constantly evolving. This Third Edition of Counseling About Cancer is completely updated and expanded to feature five entirely new chapters on breast cancer, colon cancer, other solid tumors, clients and families, and genetic test results and follow-up. This is the only reference and clinical book on the market for cancer genetics counselors and other healthcare providers who must quickly assimilate complex and ever-changing data on the hereditary risk for cancer.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Foreword by Judy E. Garber, MD, MPH.
- Cancer Epidemiology.
- Cancer Detection and Treatment.
- Cancer Biology.
- Hereditary Cancer Syndromes.
- All about Breast Cancer.
- All about Colorectal Cancer.
- Cancer Family Histories.
- Cancer Risk Communication.
- Cancer Genetic Testing.
- Psychosocial Aspects of Cancer Counseling.
- Ethical Issues in Cancer Counseling.
- Appendix A. Cancer Syndromes by Tumor Sites and Classifications.
- Appendix B. General Pedigree Symbols.