This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. It gives a quick reference to plain radiological examinations and commonly performed contrast studies. It aims to aid decision-making by providing information on the advantages and relevance of each technique, and by indicating any additional modalities currently being used.
- Pocket-sized to enable it to be carried in the pocket of a uniform.
- Alphabetical presentation allows for a speedy search facility with cross-referencing to related techniques.
- Diagrams provide visual assistance with patient position, surface anatomy and three dimensional planes of the body.
- Medical prefixes and suffixes will help trace the derivation of unknown words.
- Abbreviations listed to provide familiarity and help with the interpretation of related procedures.
By Alanah Kirby, MSc, DCR(R), ILTM, Lecturer and Radiography Undergraduate Programmes Leader, School of Health Sciences Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh; and Margaret Cockbain, BA, DCR(R), SOR, Lecturer, School of Health Sciences, Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh