A guide to essential legal issues for the general dental practitioner.
“Legal Aspects of General Dental Practice”, is an easy to read, but highly relevant text, in relation to important issues which form part of every practitioners’ daily work. It is a good read for all practitioners and would be a very valuable aid to those undertaking the membership exam(s) of the relevant Faculties. The Dentist Magazine
- A practical guide to the fundamental legal principles and concepts that need to be understood by all dentists
- Gives a detailed understanding of the key areas of consent and negligence
- Highlights the clinical risk areas in general dental practice and outlines ways of managing these risks
- Addresses the prime concern that treatments should be defensible and justifiable
- Takes account of variations in law within British Isles and Ireland - eg Scottish law
Legal structures and processes that impact in general dental practice. Off the record. Consent - getting to yes. confidentiality. clinical negligence. Writing reports. Appendix 1 General Dental council performance procedures. Appendix 2 Table: record audit completeness. Appendix 3 Audits of radiographic image quality. Appendix 4 Quick reference: access to health records checklist. Appendix 5 GDC guidance on principles of confidentiality. appendix 6 General Dental Council guidance on obtaining consent. appendix 7 Examination of patient - for use in report writing. Appendix 8 Declaration by expert at end of report. Appendix 9 Civil procedure Rules. Appendix 10 CPR practice directions for experts and assessors. Appendix 11 Irish law. Appendix 12 Scottish issues on consent