By Sergio Gandolfo, MD, DDS, Professor of Clinical Dentistry, University of Turin, Italy.; Crispian Scully, CBE, MD, PhD, MDS, MRCS, FDSRCPS, FFDRCSI, FDSRCS, FDSRCSE, FRCPath, FMedSci, Dean, Director of Studies and Research, International Centres for Excellence in Dentistry and Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences; Co-Director World Health Organisation Collaborating Centre for Oral Health, Disability and Culture, University of London, UK; and Marco Carrozzo, MD, DDS, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, Oral Medicine Section, University of Turin, Italy
A practical and highly-illustrated guide to oral medicine for dental students and candidates for postgraduate dental exams.
- A systematic and highly practical coverage of oral medicine, which combines concise, easy-access text with superb colour clinical photographs
- 76 oral conditions are clearly described and illustrated, under standardized headings of clinical features, incidence, aetiology, diagnosis and management
- Gives therapeutic protocols with associated flowcharts -accords with trend towards protocol-driven treatment
- Diagnostic flowcharts for major symptoms such as ulcers and red lesions, placed beside clinical photos, guide the reader systematically through the diagnostic process
- Step-by-step instructions on how to carry out biopsies and toluidine blue staining
- Part 1: Diagnosis. Differential diagnosis by site. Differential diagnosis by signs and symptoms. Diagnostic flowcharts.
- Part 2: Clinical features. Pathology.
- Part 3: Therapy. Guide to the main drugs used in the treatment of oral mucosal diseases. Main drug side effects of oral and perioral localisation. Therapeutic protocols.
- Part4: Biopsies and vital stains. How to perform a biopsy of the oral mucosa. How to perform a toluidine blue staining