In this twenty-first century our external environment contains innumerable hazards to our health and wellbeing. These impose new and ever greater challenges to our immune systems. As our immune systems become over-loaded and the number and variety of medical problems from which we suffer increases. Often conventional medicine is ill-equipped to deal with these problems. In consequence dealing with chronic illness is becoming a growing burden for society and healthcare providers.
In Lymphatic Therapy for Toxic Decongestion Margaret McCarthy describes the relationship between degenerative disease and physiological malfunction within the body. She then goes on to demonstrate how an integrated therapy, which draws on a variety of approaches, may be used to assess the body as a whole and to promote restoration of health simply, effectively and economically, without the use of expensive drugs or equipment.
- Practical approach uses case histories to explain how and when to use specific techniques.
- Well illustrated with high-quality line drawings to clarify the text.
- Straightforward style is easy to read and understand.
- Written by an experienced practitioner for the most accurate, authoritative perspective on lymphatic therapy.
Table Of Contents:
- Section 1. Eliminating a narrow approach to diagnosis
- Bioenergy in Crisis: The Lymphatic Connection
- Uncovering the Body's Hidden Language and the Discovery of the Immune System Response
- How to Use the Immune System Response
- Why are the Filters of the Body so Important?
- Why Massage is Beneficial to Lymphatic Drainage
- Section 2. The Practice of Lymphatic Drainage - Case Studies
- Back Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and an Unexpected Breast Abnormality
- Degeneration of Cervical Spine
- Frozen Shoulder
- Mercury Sensitivity
- Adult Asthma
- Metal Congestion Causing Mood Swings and Reactive Hypoglycaemia
- Bad Skin and a Hormonal Imbalance
- Let the Body Choose
- Section 3. Appendices
- Therapist Exercises
- Patient Exercises
- List of Suppliers
By Margaret McCarthy, LCSP (London & Counties Society of Physiologists), In Private practice, Fernwood, Kings Drive, Wirral