This book covers in clear and comprehensive detail the area of fluid physiology,metabolism and disorders in Traditional Chinese Medicine, drawing on a huge range of original Chinese material. Disorders of sweating and urination, the formation of thin mucus, damp and phlegm, and the interaction of these with other pathological factors are discussed, and the classical sources quoted. Differentiations and treatments, both Classical and modern, including both herbs and acupuncture, are provided in all categories, with case histories where appropriate and interesting. The new edition includes a new chapter on acupuncture, new illustrations, a full index, and revisions throughout.Features
- Examination of the concepts and processes of fluid metabolism and pathology in TCM unrivalled in its detail
- Draws on original translations from Chinese sources ranging from the classical era through to modern times
- Includes a uniquely comprehensive analysis of phlegm, and its associated problems and treatment
- Designed to be a clear and practical clinical reference
- New edition includes a chapter on acupuncture treatment; a full index; new illustrations
- Written by a highly qualified practitioner and teacher.
- Chapter on acupuncture
- New illustrations
- Full index (current edition does not have an index!)
- Revisions throughout where appropriate
Fluid physiology in TCM. Fluids of the five zang organs. Sweat. Urination. Edema. Thin mucus syndromes. Phlegm; etiology and symptomatology. Phlegm treatment: principles and methods. Damp. Damp-heat. Acupuncture treatments. Appendices. Index of formulas. Index.