Cases in Adult Congenital Heart Disease, by Michael Gatzoulis et al., is a new, one-of-a-kind cardiology textbook designed to help you effectively manage these conditions through comprehensive visual guidance. Leading experts present 85 cases—ranging from the simple to the complex, supplemented by abundant videos and images—which enable you to diagnose these conditions from a real-life, clinical perspective. A companion DVD featuring surgical video clips of congential operations of both corrected and uncorrected problems, samples of heart sounds, and much more, helps you to better manage your patients.
- Features 85 cases encompassing a full range of congenital heart disease problems—from the simple to the complex—that provide a better understanding of these conditions from a real-life, clinical perspective.
- Presents examples of video and imaging modalities (including echocardiograms, CT, chest, and X-ray) that clearly depict the clinical manifestations of congenital defects and provide the best views of these conditions for more accurate diagnoses.
- Includes a DVD featuring surgical video clips of congenital operations, samples of heart sounds, and much more, to help you better manage your patients.
- Provides clinical correlation labeling within video segments to promote the most accurate diagnosis from complex images.
- Offers guidance on the assessment of congenital heart disease during pregnancy, equipping you with essential knowledge in managing this growing patient population.
By Michael A. Gatzoulis, MD, PhD, Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK; Gary D. Webb, MD, Director, Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Toronto General Hospital, Canada; Craig Broberg, MD, Senior Cardiology Fellow, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK; and Uemura Hideki, MD, FRCS, Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UKSAMPLE CHAPTER (PDF File)