- Considers the full range of management options, including radiation therapy, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and monoclonal antibody therapy.
- Uses a question-and-answer format to make reference easy.
- Saves time by examining only well-established, proven diagnostic and therapeutic strategies.
- Incorporates new chapters on needle biopsy, lymph node pathology, sonography, new diagnostic imaging modalities, MRI, emerging surgical approaches (such as radiofrequency and cryoablative techniques), and medicolegal issues.
- Offers new coverage of lymphatic mapping and sentinel node biopsy, molecular pathology, and the latest chemotherapeutic options.
- Presents 50% new contributors who are international leaders in molecular biology, genetics, radiology, pathology, surgery, and oncology.
- Delivers nearly 300 new clinical photographs and line illustrations.
SECTION I. Molecular and Epidemiologic Issues
Chapter 1. Epidemiology of Breast Cancer
Chapter 2. Oncogenetic Basis of Breast Cancer
Chapter 3. Molecular and Cellular Biology of Breast Cancer
Chapter 5. Risk Factors for Breast Cancer
Chapter 6. Prevention of Breast Cancer
SECTION II. Pathology
Chapter 7. Pathologic Evolution of Pre-Invasive Breast Cancer: The Atypical Hyperplasias
Chapter 8. Pathology of In-Situ Breast Cancer
Chapter 9. Pathology of Invasive Breast Cancer
Chapter 10. Pathology of Special Forms of Breast Cancer
Chapter 11. Pathology of Regional Lymph Nodes
Chapter 12. Molecular Pathology of Breast Cancer
SECTION III. Diagnosis
Chapter 13. Surveillance Strategy for Breast Cancer
Chapter 14. Clinical Assessment of Benign Breast Disease and Cancer
Chapter 15. Mammographic Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
Chapter 16. Sonographic Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
Chapter 17. Needle Biopsy Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
Chapter 18. Advanced Technology and Diagnostic Strategy for Breast Cancer
SECTION IV. Staging and Prognosis
Chapter 19. Evaluating and Staging the Patient with Breast Cancer
Chapter 20. Genetic Counseling
SECTION V. Treatment
Chapter 21. Development of Modern Breast Cancer Treatment
Chapter 22. Multimodality Treatment of Breast Cancer
Chapter 23. Treatment of In-Situ Breast Cancer
Chapter 24. Surgery for Breast Cancer
Chapter 25. Reconstruction Following Surgery for Breast Cancer
Chapter 26. Radiotherapy for In-Situ, Stage I, and Stage II Breast Cancer
Chapter 27. Adjuvant Systemic Treatment for Breast Cancer
Chapter 28. Treatment of Bilateral Breast Cancer
Chapter 29. Treatment of Locally Advanced Breast Cancer
Chapter 30. Emerging Local Treatment Modalities for Breast Cancer
Chapter 31. Surveillance Following Breast Cancer Treatment
SECTION VI. Management of Metastatic Breast Cancer
Chapter 32. Management of Metastatic Breast Cancer
I. Principles of Treatment II. Chemotherapy for Metastatic Breast Cancer III. Hormonal and Biological Therapy for Metastatic Breast Cancer IV. Hypercalcemia of Metastatic Breast Cancer V. Brain Metastases from Metastatic Breast Cancer VI. Spinal Column Metastases from Metastatic Breast Cancer VII. Ocular Metastases from Metastatic Breast Cancer VIII. Thoracic Metastases from Metastatic Breast Cancer IX. Bone Metastases from Metastatic Breast Cancer X. Radiation Therapy for Metastatic Breast Cancer XI. Management of Pain for Metastatic Breast Cancer and Management of the Terminal Patient
SECTION VII. Special Issues in Breast Cancer Treatment
Chapter 33. Treatment of High-Risk Patients
Chapter 34. Treatment of Unusual Malignant Neoplasias and Clinical Presentations
Chapter 35. Treatment of the Pregnant Patient with Breast Cancer
Chapter 36. Treatment of Male Breast Cancer
Chapter 37. Gynecologic Management of the Breast Cancer Patient
SECTION VIII. Psychological, Nursing, and Social Issues
Chapter 38. Rehabilitation and Nursing Care
Chapter 39. Needs of Breast Cancer Patients and Their Families: Psychosocial Adaptation
Chapter 40. Medico-Legal Issues in Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment