Discussing the latest research in cosmetic science, this easy-to-read guide keeps the cosmetic dermatologist and plastic surgeon ahead of the curve. Clear terminology and generous illustrations enable further exploration of the science and practical aspects of this ever-evolving field.
Written by internationally renowned editors, this new edition:
• includes appendices of more detailed product and formulation information
• discusses the main types of treatments available for the skin, nails, and hair
• explains how treatments are used and how they act
• describes the active ingredients involved in each treatment
• emphasizes preventive measures