The second edition of Instant Notes in Bioinformatics introduced the readers to the themes and terminology of bioinformatics. It is divided into three parts: the first being an introduction to bioinformatics in biology; the second covering the physical, mathematical, statistical and computational basis of bioinformatics, using biological examples wherever possible; the third describing applications, giving specific detail and including data standards. The applications covered are sequence analysis and annotation, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolite study, supramolecular organization, systems biology and the integration of-omic data, physiology, image analysis, and text analysis.
- The Changing Face of Research Biology
- Definitions of Bioinformatics
- Essentials of Physics
- Data and Databases
- Data Categories
- Probability and Statistics
- Modelling and Mathematical Techniques
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Genomes and Other Sequences
- Proteins and Proteomics
- Supramolecular Organization
- Biochemical Dynamics
- Image Analysis
- Text Analysis.