About this book
- Written in an easy-to-understand fashion
- Pocket-sized handbook that fits into your lab coat and is ideal for office use or in the ER
- Complete coverage of all imaging modalities
- A list of differential diagnosis for every symptom and sign
- Current references and recommended readings
Ideal for family physicians, internists, pediatricians, emergency physicians and all involved in clinical diagnosis, this new edition provides need-to-know information when ordering the most clinically appropriate and cost-effective diagnostic imaging studies. Focused chapters target key questions for quick and easy reference for 300 clinical problems encountered in day-to-day practice. The first part of each chapter helps the reader establish a working diagnosis based on signs and symptoms and common causes. The second part provides coherent imaging strategies for confirming or refining the initial diagnosis. Most importantly, recognized experts in the fields of radiology and primary care draw on their own experience to provide clinically pertinent advice to help you select the correct diagnostic imaging studies needed for your patients.
With its portable, pocket-sized format, The Right Imaging Study: A Guide for Physicians is the definitive reference tool that is sure to improve your diagnostic and decision-making skills when ordering imaging studies.
- Practitioners, fellows, and residents in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, and Sports Medicine
Table of contents
Head and Neck.- Chest.- Breast.- Cardiovascular.- Gastrointestinal.- Urinary.- Musculoskeletal.- Neurologic.- Reproductive.- Obstetrics.- Appendix I: Imaging Technologies.- Appendix II: Relative Costs of Imaging Procedures.- Appendix III: Contrast Reaction.