Cases are presented to the learner the way a clinical day unfolds, varied and unrelated to the last case instead of a topics approach where multiple examples of the same pathology are consecutively presented. Therefore, there is no prescribed selected topics or chapter titles. The cases are merely broken into chapters dividing the case study volume, and they get progressively harder.
The cases will include examples of common gynecology cases referred to diagnostic imaging laboratories, such as ovarian corpus luteum, hemorrhagic corpus luteum, uterine leiomyomata, endometrial polyps, and caesarean section scars. More uncommon gyn cases are also presented. Approximately 40% of this book presents common urogynecology cases as well as more uncommon urogyn pathologies such as rectal vaginal fistula, rectal prolapse and mesh assessment.
With a focus on how to perform and effectively interpret pelvic ultrasound exams, Pelvic Ultrasound Imaging: A Cased-Based Application offers a unique learning experience that is ideal for ob/gyn and radiology practitioners and residents, urogynecology practitioners and fellows, diagnostic medical sonographers and those who are studying for Board exams. Current cases in gynecology and urogynecology are presented in a step-by-step format based on resident and fellow one-on-one didactic oral case reviews. An expert walk-through for each case’s imaging set includes directive questions to help the reader perform proper exam assessment. This workbook:
- Presents cases in the way a clinical day unfolds, varied and unrelated to the previous case. Cases get progressively harder, increasingly challenging the reader’s interpretation skills while moving through the text.
- Provides step-by-step instruction throughout, including development of 3D volume set skills, reporting nomenclature, discussion of diagnostic criteria, instrumentation topics, and clinical correlation.
- Highlights the importance of critically assessing, not merely diagnosing based on a presumed classic image appearance for the most common pathologies.
- Includes examples of common gynecology cases such as ovarian corpus luteum, hemorrhagic corpus luteum, uterine leiomyomata, endometrial polyps, and caesarean section scars, as well as more uncommon cases.
- Includes examples of common pelvic floor cases such as normal anal sphincter complex and thickened bladder wall, as well as more uncommon urogynecology pathologies such as rectal vaginal fistula, rectal prolapse, and mesh assessment.
- Walks the reader through each case with directive questions to improve diagnostic appraisal.
- Includes up to five images per case along with exam findings and brief clinical correlations.
- Provides videos on Expert Consult that illustrate typically encountered real-time dynamic changes.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you access to all of the text, figures, reporting templates, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Edited by Rebecca Hall, PhD, RDMS, FSDMS, Professor; Urogynecology Fellow Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Director Department of Ob/Gyn; Division of Urogynecology University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Albuquerque, NM