ICD-10-PCS Symbols and Conventions
Guide to the 2021 Updates
ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
0 Medical and Surgical
4 Measurement and Monitoring
5 Extracorporeal Assistance and Performance
6 Extracorporeal Therapies
8 Other Procedures
C Nuclear Medicine
D Radiation Oncology
F Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology
G Mental Health
H Substance Abuse Treatment
X New Technology
Appendix A: Definitions
Appendix B: Body Part Key
Appendix C: Device Key
Appendix D: Substance Key
Appendix E: Device Aggregate Table
Appendix F: Procedure Combination Table on codingupdates.com
Choose the book designed by coders for coders! Buck's 2021 ICD-10-PCS includes all the ICD-10-PCS codes you need to know to ensure the most accurate billing and reimbursement for inpatient medical procedure coding. As coders need extensive knowledge to code with ICD-10-PCS — and to choose from the thousands of possible codes — this edition provides colorful anatomy plates (including Netter’s Anatomy illustrations) and tables organized to simplify the process of choosing and building procedure codes. It comes with durable spiral binding and includes a companion website with the latest coding updates.
- NEW! Updated 2021 Official Code set reflects the latest ICD-10 codes needed for procedural coding.
- ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) provide easier reference to coding rules when they are needed most.
- Convenient Guide to the 2021 Updates in the front of the book lists all new, revised, and deleted codes, providing at-a-glance lookup of the coding changes.
- Unique! Full-color anatomy plates (including Netter’s Anatomy art) are included in the front of the book to help you understand complex anatomic information and how it may affect choosing codes.
- American Hospital Association's Coding Clinic® citations include official ICD-10-PCS coding advice relating to specific codes and their usage.
- Hospital Acquired Condition (HAC) symbol notes procedures related to HACs as outlined in the MS-DRG.
- Symbols for Non-Covered and Limited-Coverage Procedures indicate related material outlined in the Definitions of Medicare Code Edits.
- Sex edits from the Definition of Medicare Code Edits denote codes that are used only with patients of a specific sex.
- Non-Operating Room Procedure symbols identify procedures that do and do not affect MS-DRG assignment.
- Combinations symbol identifies procedures that can affect MS-DRG assignment.
- Online Appendix: Procedure Combination Table displays each procedure cluster and the corresponding DRG, as well as a few procedure combinations that are designated as non-OR.