Section 1 Introduction
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Ultrasound Basic Principles
- 3. Fluoroscopy Basic Principles
Section 2 Injectates
- 4. Principles of Injection Therapy
- 5. Autologous Tissue Harvesting Techniques: bone marrow aspirate and adipose tissue
- 6. Autologous Tissue Harvesting Techniques: Platelet Rich Plasma
- 7. Autologous Orthobiologics
- 8. Allogenic Orthobiologics
- 9. Therapeutic dextrose injection: Prolotherapy, perineural injection therapy and hydrodissection
- 10. Sclerosing agents
- 11. Toxins for orthopedics
Section 3 Atlas
- 12. Cervical Injection Techniques
- 13. Thoracic Injection Techniques
- 14. Lumbar Injection Techniques
- 15. Sacrocoggyeal Injection Techniques
- 16. Shoulder Injection Techniques
- 17. Elbow Injection Techniques
- 18. Wrist Injection Techniques
- 19. Hand Injection Techniques
- 20. Pelvis Injection Techniques
- 21. Knee Injection Techniques
- 22. Ankle Injection Techniques
- 23. Foot Injection Techniques
Section 4 Advanced
- 24. Calcific Tendon Barbotage/Lavage
- 25. High Volume Ultrasound Guided Capsular Distention for Adhesive Capsulitis
- 26. Ultrasound Guided Needle Tenotomy and Ultrasound Guided Tenotomy and Debridement with Tenex Health TX System
- 27. High Volume Image Guided Injections
- 28. Fascia/Ligament release
- 29. Compartment Pressure Testing
- 30. Ultrasound-Guided Anterior and Lateral Compartment Fasciotomies for Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome
- 31. Principles of Perineural Injections
- 32. CTS release
- 33. Percutaneous bone spur removal
- 34. Intraosseous injection
- 35. Advanced and Emerging Interventional Techniques
- 36. Mini-arthroscopy
Section 5 Post Procedure Considerations
- 37. Post-Procedure Rehabilitation
- 38. Advanced imaging in interventional orthopedics
The field of interventional orthopedics is changing the landscape of orthopedic care as patients seek less invasive options for the treatment of common conditions like arthritis, rotator cuff tears, and degenerative disc disease. Offering easy-to-follow, step-by-step guidance on both peripheral joint and spinal procedures, Atlas of Interventional Orthopedics Procedures is the first reference to provide this practical content in one authoritative, user-friendly text. Abundantly illustrated and easy to read, it presents simple to advanced injection skills covering all orthopedic and physical medicine procedures using up-to-date imaging techniques.
- Presents foundational knowledge for interventional orthopedics as well as ultrasound and x-ray guided techniques for both peripheral joint and spinal procedures.
- Features nearly 1,000 high-quality images including fluoroscopy, MRIs, procedural images, and unique anatomical illustrations drawn by a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician.
- Covers need-to-know topics such as autologous orthobiologics, allogenic tissue grafts, prolotherapy, and principles of fluoroscopy and ultrasound injection techniques.
- Offers several ultrasound and fluoroscopy images for each procedure, as well as step-by-step descriptions and the authors' preferred technique.
- Walks you through general injection techniques such as interventional spine procedures, peripheral joint injections, and spinal and peripheral ligament, tendon, and nerve techniques; advanced techniques include intraosseous injections, needle arthroscopy, perineural hydrodissection, and emerging interventional techniques.
- Provides an up-to-date review on regenerative medicine for musculoskeletal pathology from editors and authors who are leading physicians in the field.
- Follows the core tenets of interventional orthopedics, including injectates that can facilitate healing of musculoskeletal tissues, precise placement of those injectates into damaged structures using imaging guidance, and the eventual development of new tools to facilitate percutaneous tissue manipulation.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Founder and medical director of Interventional Orthopedics of Atlanta, Georgia's primary premier regenerative orthopedics practice. He is an Amazon best-selling author of Exercise 2.0 and has published several peer reviewed articles on Orthopaedics and regenerative medicine. Head Team Physician at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth and Clinical Assistant Professor, Tufts University, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. He specializes in non-operative management of sports medicine and musculoskeletal conditions; and regenerative medicine & orthobiologics.